Friday, 3 February 2012
TEH TARIK GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS: HOW TO BE A GOOD POLITICIANS (ADUNS & MP’S)
1) BE HUMBLE
-There is no positional power.
-Be aware of how little power you have individually.
- Power is only a product of collective action.
2) BE NICE TO OTHERS
- Keep people on side, you might need their support later.
3) THINK STRATEGICALLY
- Where is The Power?
- How can i get others to agree?
-Who will back me? Create a situation where everyone gain something.
- Pick a topics that interest you and research it throughly.
- Become one of the experts in the Parliament on your topics
- Eventually, others will seek your point of view,publicly and privately,and this will give you considerable standing and influence.
5) HAVE CLEAR AND ACHIEVABLE GOALS
- Know what you want to achieve from the time you were elected.
- Do not try to change the World.
-Pick objectives that are measurable (This is good for your own morale)
6) UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES
- Research. If you are discussing any issue-local to international- make sure you have all the most up-to-date information.
7) LISTEN TO OTHERS
- Do not think you understand it all. Others experience will probably be different to yours, and they may help you to re-think your view.
-anyway in a democracy,their view also counts.
8) LEARN HOW TO SAY ‘NO” KINDLY AND WITH RESPECT.
- Sometimes this is not easy! but you might need that person’s support later..so avoid offending.
9) UNDERSTAND YOUR INSTITUTION.
- The more you understand the rule of procedure and the traditions of the parliament, the more you will be able to use these to achieve your goals.
10) EARN RESPECT
- Show you respect the views and experience of others.
- Demonstrate that you can be trusted.
- Learn to recognise corrupt behaviour.
Thursday, 2 February 2012
SEARCH AND FIND OUT YOUR BR1M APPLICATION STATUS FROM US NOW.
The search only available for P.195 Bandar Kuching, P.196 Stampin, P.199 Serian, P.208 Sarikei, P.211 Lanang, P.212 Sibu and P.219 Miri.
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
CHIN URGES ALL SUPP MEMBERS TO RE-UNITE & PUT ASIDE WHATEVER DIFFERENCES AMONG THEM FOR THE SAKE OF THE PARTY & THE INTEREST OF THE CHINESE COMMUNITY IN SARAWAK
|GONG XI FA CHOY|
SARAWAK United Peoples Party (SUPP) President Datuk Datuk Sri Peter Chin Fah Kui Peter hopes that the arrival of the “Chinese New Year of the Water Dragon” will strengthen the unity of the various ethnics of different religions, races and backgrounds in Sarawak to a higher and even greater level than before.
“The Chinese believes that the year of the dragon will bring prosperity and happiness therefore, I sincerely hope that we Sarawakians can achieve this by working close together despite of our differences of religions, races and ethnics to make Sarawak a much better state for all of us.”
Chin, who is also Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water and Member of Parliament for Miri was met by reporters during the SUPP’s Chinese New Year open-house which was held at SUPP’s headquarters at Central Road near the city on the first day of the celebration (Monday).
“This year, SUPP must work even much harder than before as being a political component party in State Barisan Nasional (BN) therefore, we, from all ranks and levels, from the top and bottom must give all our effort particularly, to contribute wins for BN in the forthcoming 13th General election.”
Urging each and every single one of SUPP's members to re-unite and regroup for the sake and interest the Chinese community and the party itself in general, Chin hopes that they can put aside whatever their differences are so that together they can focus in strengthening back the party to its “old self” by gaining support from the Chinese community.
During the morning session, Chin together with his deputy Datuk Richard Riot Jaem and other SUPP’s supreme council members hosted the hundreds of visitors attending the SUPP’s Chinese New Year open-house, an annual program organised by SUPP, with the main objective for the people to meet the leaders of the Chinese community.
Among the VIPs attending the SUPP's open-house were Acting TYT Datuk Amar Mohamad Asfia Awang Nassar & his wife Datin Amar Fatimah Mohd Iskandar, accompanied by Assistant Minister of Planning & Resource Management Mohd Naroden Majais & spouse, Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Alfred Jabu & his wife Datuk Sri Empiang Jabu, Deputy Speaker of Parliament Datuk Dr Haji Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar & his wife Datin Hajah Feona Sim, Minister of Natural Resources & Environment Datuk Douglas Unggah, Minister of Welfare, Women & Family Development Datuk Hajah Fatimah Abdullah & other distinguished guests.