Wednesday 13 April 2011

I ♥ Health & Education

Health & Education is just like a Moon & a star,
They are both important,
Life is interesting because of health & education,
Health is wealth & Education is Intelligence,
this is what I said to people
Education
I choose to work in Miri and time flies; I was here for 4years now.  Many people asking me why I chosen to work in Miri Sarawak and I answered them;
“Where there is a job opportunity then I will be there”
beautiful Miri
When I first come to Miri, I have no friends, the only thing I do is go to work and stay at home watch movies.  I was so depressed because life is so boring.  After one year passed, I started made plans, I went to join social activities.  I’m happy to join social activities because they never forcing me to do things which I do not like to. 

One day I went to attend the Education Talk organized by SUPP Miri. I heard so many gossips on Education System in Malaysia before but it was out of my expectation, SUPP education unit provides counseling session, education seminars, helping students to apply the local Universities, study loan and so on. The counselors from Education Unit were volunteers, they spent two hours every day after working hour just to help out the SPM and STPM students to solve out the enquiries on further studies.
SUPP Malaysian Higher Education
School leavers paying attention to Education Seminar
Many students have been helped by SUPP and one of them was my youngest brother, my youngest brother now furthers his studies after Form 5 at Matriculation Batu Lintang Kuching.  He is now under education course.  The government provides him few hundred for his daily allowance and also accommodation. This indirectly helps to reduce my parents financial. 

My family wasn’t a rich family and I was actually a graduated University Student from local university too.  I always proud to tell people that I was a graduate student from local university 10 years ago, some of my ex-classmates were laughed at me.  Do you know why?  According to them, local university is for student those who with poor or normal result.  At the end I still went to further my studies.  I took up Human Resource Development as my Major in university and I spent 3 years to earn my Bachelor Degree. 

I must thank to government and SUPP for helping me to get the PTPTN loan, without PTPTN, I don’t think my family able to afford me to continue studies.  My mother was cried 10 years ago after she knows that I have been accepted by the local university to continue my studies.  She cried not because of I have to left hometown but she cried because of not enough financial to support me. I’m the eldest daughter in family; I still have brothers and sister so my father needs to work very hard to support us since my father is not a rich man.  Luckily I have PTPTN from government to help me to pursue my studies.  There are universities in Miri too such as;
Curtin University of Technology in Miri
link:  http://www.curtin.edu.my/

Open University (OUM) in Miri
link:  http://www.oum.edu.my/

3years in local university were awesome! I have been provided a free accommodation; free leadership trainings such as chance to be a Liaison Officer in University, Exco in College and so on.  Not only that, I have been given an opportunity does the final year project with banks and also I have been involved in government sector for 3months as trainee.

Today I managed to prove to my ex-classmates that studying in local schools or government universities is still can get a job and have a successful life. As now, I have my own career and I work with oil and Gas Industry for almost 4years now.  I never regret to choose Miri as my further home because of the friendly environment, friendly people and there are a lot of job opportunities. 

Miri City

Many of my relatives choose to stay in Miri Sarawak too.  My cousin after his studies at oversea, he was returning to Miri and working here.  According to him, Miri is the best and peaceful and the place with nice foods as well. 

Nevertheless, I was shocked when the opposition says government has ignored Chinese schools in Miri. Many of my friends were working as teacher in Chinese schools; Miri and they are proudly to tell me that SUPP has provides funds for schools in Miri to provide the better facilities.
SJKC Tudan


Again, as I know SJKC Tudan has been built by SUPP and the school was just one of the many examples of SUPP's work all these years to provide more education facilities.  In fact, the establishment of SJKC Tudan was the result of Datuk Lee Kim Shin's and our local YBs in SUPP has shown their hardwork since 1996.  I strongly believe that the presence of the school had not only benefieted chinese children in the fast-growing constituency but had also opened up education opportunities for non-chinese children in the area. 


Just like what our Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah kui who is Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister said about 50 per cent of the children in this school are Bumiputeras and this goes to show that Chinese education is well accepted by all here.  This shown that the federal and state governments had also contributed a lot for the school just like what our local YB Andy Chia did recently, he gave grant to N64 area of schools. 

Health

The experience that I will never forget is I was terribly sick in two years ago. I went to attend the Miri May Fest with my relatives and colleagues. I still remembered all of us may receive a free drink of alcohol. Without any conscious, I drank the alcohol with only amount of a spoon. And that is my first time in life who tried up the beer. I wasn’t like the taste so after a spoon I gave up and left the drink on the table and I left after I spent 2 hours at Miri May Fest. I didn’t enjoyed the  live performance because I have to go to work on next day and I have to go home.


Before, I went home; I accompanied my aunt to meet her friend. Just within 2 hours, I started felt itchy on skin and I can see whole body started popped out a red color of pox. I told my aunt that I thought I’m having red poxes because of the first time drank beer. The next day, I woke up early and get ready to clinic for medicine. I requests for cream to apply on my itchy skin but doctor gave me a letter and she had requested me to go to Emergency room in General Hospital. My aunt drove me to General Hospital and I felt so sick, when arriving at General Hospital, I get the special care from doctor and nurses. My blood pressure was up to 189/120 and I’m using oxygen to breath.


According to Doctor, My lungs were infected by bacteria because of allergy. Oh Gosh… that spoon of beer caused me a terrible allergy. I have been given injection every two hours and this happened continues for 5 days.  Not only itchy but vomiting non-stop and was having fever and I did not slept for 3 days.  The government doctor and nurses were never neglect me and they give me full attention.  I was so grateful that I am still here today. Miri has a General Hospital, facilities and all kind people which I always proud of.  And I no need to pay even a single cent not because of owning the Insurance but the Government Hospital did not charge me. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to government hospital. Your good services and free charges have successfully saved a life.

I have a friend who worked at General Hospital as Surgeon doctor from Egypt, he based in General Hospital Miri for almost seven years now, and he told me to be a happy person you have to think positive, laugh everyday and happy always.  Stay away from think negativity, anger and frustration if you want to live life to the fullest, he added.  I love what my friend said; nobody is perfect.  My principal is easy there are comprises of communication, never criticism, never tease and say no to lies but talk professionally with evidence if there is an unsatisfied area.


Another thing that I proud of the General Hospital in Miri is the hospital has provided medical services to people from other area as well.  Many patients from Marudi, Limbang and Lawas who were suffering from diseases have been sending to Miri Hospital for treatments.
 
 
 Besides, today I read news talking about the future planning on run boat clinic which may serves people living on the lural area of the Baram River.  Each run boat clinic were comprising a doctor, dentist, pharmacist, medical assistant and several nurses and government is going to contribute RM 1 Million for this project.  Last month, I went to attend a forum on Greater Miri towards 2020 organized by SUPP.  One of the public transport project which I was really excited on and looking forward is to use bicycle as public transportation.  This king of engagement will be a real progress in the spirit of 1Malaysia towards Vision 2020.

Lastly but not least, our government or SUPP, they are focusing on creating more business opportunities, job creation, education opportunities and improved living for the poor.  They have a clear mission and vision which makes me feels secure to stay in Miri Sarawak.  As a normal citizen, I just want to have a simple and happy life but of course I want to stay in secure and beautiful town for me to spend the rest of my life.  Here I want to take this opportunity to show my gratitude and million thanks to SUPP Keep it up!